Becoming a Bodhisattva: The Journey of Awakening
Registration fee: $149
Thursdays, July 28, August 4, 11, & 18, 2022
This class explores the Path of the Bodhisattva through the eyes of Shantideva, the great 8th-century Indian philosopher, Buddhist monk, poet, and scholar. Shantideva’s classic, A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life, one of the great literary classics of Buddhism, is our guidebook as we seek to understand our own relationship to the concept of the Bodhisattva. The Bodhisattva is a being, who, having attained a certain level of realization, determines to dedicate themselves to helping others do the same. This highly experiential class also covers a broad range of Buddhist principles with the focus of learning the skills and engaging in practices that help us become more proficient at relieving suffering for ourselves and others.
Participants in this course will learn:
• Gain an intimate understanding of Shantideva’s philosophical approach to the path of the Bodhisattva.
• Understand the Four Noble Truths from a new perspective.
• Have the opportunity to perfect their meditation practice.
• Learn how the Eight Fold Path becomes a navigational aid in walking the path of the Bodhisattva.
• Gain new perspectives on the Paramitas.
• Learn how to apply the Two Truths in ‘real time’.
• Have the opportunity to engage in extensive self-exploration and internal discernment processes.
• 4 Recorded Video Modules
• Live Q&A Session with Isa
• Course Reading List
• Certificate of Completion
• 10 Yoga Alliance Credits
About Isa Gucciardi
Isa Gucciardi holds degrees and certificates in transpersonal psychology, cultural and linguistic anthropology, comparative religion, hypnotherapy, and transformational healing. She has been a dedicated Buddhist practitioner for forty years and has spent over thirty years studying spiritual, therapeutic, and meditative techniques from around the world. Isa has worked with master teachers of Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, and Sufism, as well as expert shamanic practitioners from a variety of traditions.
Isa is the creator of Depth Hypnosis, a groundbreaking therapeutic model that has won rave reviews from psychotherapeutic and spiritual counselors alike. Isa teaches and speaks nationally and internationally, and has published numerous articles, podcast episodes, videos, and the books Coming to Peace and The New Return to the Great Mother.
She maintains a private practice with institutions and individuals in Depth Hypnosis and Coming to Peace processes. Isa speaks five languages and has lived in eleven countries. She is the mother of two children and lives with her partner in San Francisco.
Registration available via Embodied Philosophy.