On the Air: Chitheads Podcast: Episode #61: Bob Thurman & Isa Gucciardi on Peace & the Dalai Lama
Jacob Kyle sat down with Bob Thurman and Isa Gucciardi at the 2017 Science and Nonduality Conference in San Jose, California, after attending their workshop, Shamans and Siddhas. Listen to their wide-ranging conversation on peace and the Dalai Lama.
Embodied Philosophy’s Chitheads Podcast features interviews with leaders, elders, and teachers from the yoga and wider wisdom community on eastern philosophies, consciousness studies, social justice, and the human spiritual condition. Download past episodes or subscribe to future episodes of Chitheads via iTunes. For additional information, visit embodiedphilosophy.com.
In this episode, they discuss:
• Shamans and Siddhas.
• The role of the Siddha in Tibetan Buddhism.
• How to address the perception of “real” from the “imagined” in the practice of shamanic journeying.
• The role of imagination in spiritual practice.
• The inspiration for Bob’s new book Man of Peace, a graphic novel about the life of the Dali Lama.
• The role of the Dali Lama in guiding the world towards peace.
• Isa’s book, Coming to Peace.
• Different shamanic conflict resolution methods outlined in her book.
• The need for individuals to find inner peace.
• How that process is vital for universal peace.
• The “Universal Orgasm” of PEACE!